Entrepreneurship and innovation are fundamental aspects of local and global economic environments, especially in the sphere of medical technology and healthcare engineering. From this perspective, the Central Institute of Medical Engineering (ZiMT) serves companies as a key contact in the FAU community and nationwide.
The Central Institute’s responsibility is to support promising ideas from our partners and tailor cooperation between industrial and research players. Together, our goal will be to establish scientifically innovative products, that meet real requirements of the market and to develop a strong innovative force in the Medical Valley.
We are offering:
- Startup programs
- Startup consulting and support
- Knowledge of current and future projects at the FAU and other universities in Bavaria
- Interface between industry, research and education
- Access to a network of research experts
- Access to a network of industrial partners
- Coordination of interdisciplinary projects
Our services allow for requests from entrepreneurial partners to be integrated in collaborations at the FAU and to benefit from synergistic cooperation with relevant experts that may not directly be available or visible to the public.
The ZiMT management and its scientific associates are experienced in the fields of project management, inter-institutional collaboration, startup development and international relations within the scope of medical engineering.