Medical Devices of the Future
Student Seminar “Medical Devices of the Future” (2.5 ECTS)
(offered in the Winter Semester)
Content: Lectures, self-study, and autonomous work on one’s assessment of a new medical device and the preparation and delivery of a scientific presentation on the evaluation
- Motivation for dissemination in a professional career
- Evaluation of a new medical device within the framework of the current state of the art
- Instructions for writing a scientific paper
- Development and delivery of a scientific talk
- Design of a scientific poster
- Formulation of critical audience questions at the end of a talk
Learning objectives: The students:
- discuss a new medical device within the framework of the current state of the art.
- write a structured scientific paper about their assessment of a new medical device.
- give a structured scientific talk.
- can communicate critical feedback respectfully and objectively.
Language: English and German